Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rolling With The Flow

I am at the Gulf for the weekend. Just an opportunity to reflect on a bit of a beating my body took in 2011. What is my takeaway?

Like the river that flows through the base of the canyon-cascading and falling over the rocks...onto the shore...never stopped by the barriers that rise up on all sides.
The river changes course and even gains momentum after crossing each obstacle that rises in its path. My life is like the river flowing through the low valley-veering and steering over rocks and through narrowed passages-finding a new course that will lead to the ocean of my tomorrows.

As the river empties itself into the mouth of the bay-becoming one with the ocean-so will I empty myself into something much bigger than myself.

2012 calls me to live large, hold to my faith, and leave the results to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment